Special thanks to local chef and friend, Sookyung Lee for creating beautiful recipes featuring our Matcha Wakatake. We are so grateful for her sharing this recipe with us!
2/3 c whole milk
2/3 c heavy cream
1/4 c sugar
1 T Matcha Wakatake powder
1 T hot water
1/2 T gelatin powder
2 T water
1. Sprinkle the gelatin powder on top of room temperature water. Stir and allow to bloom.
2. Sift matcha into a small bowl, add in hot water, and whisk so there are no clumps.
3. In a saucepan, add in the milk, heavy cream, sugar and stir to combine over medium heat. Bring the temperature to a simmer on low heat, do not let it come to a boil.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, once it reaches a simmer, and add in the whisked matcha and gelatin.
5. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve, into a bowl set on an ice bath. Stir the mixture gently. When it starts to thicken, pour into serving cups and refrigerate until firm.
6. Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Variations for a summer treat! Use Mango Infused Honey instead of raw sugar. Garnish with mango purée and fresh mango hot days!