In the summertime, there's nothing better than a slushy drink to cool you down, whether you're spending an afternoon by the pool, at the track, or having a backyard BBQ with friends.
This slushy, alcoholic drink is inspired by our popular summertime special: Iced Tea Lemonade! You can easily make this non-alcoholic by simply omitting the alcohol and we promise it tastes just as delicious!
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Very Strong, Hot Black Tea (we recommend something with a prominent tannin like Ceylon Orange Pekoe, Kenya Kangaita, or Rwanda Rukeri)
- 1 cup of Saratoga Wildflower, Alfalfa, or Orange Blossom Raw Honey
- 12 ounces of Orange Juice (pulp-free is best)
- 6 ounces of Lemonade (see below for our tried and true Saratoga Tea & Honey Lemonade recipe)
- 1.5 cups Whiskey, Brandy, or Bourbon
- 7 cups of Water
- Brew your tea with 205° F water using a ratio of 10 grams to 16 ounces. (We want this to be super strong, so you're going to use more tea than you normally would!)
- Once the tea is brewed, stir in the honey until it is all dissolved.
- Mix your tea and honey mixture with the remaining ingredients, then transfer to freezer-safe containers. (Hint: I like to put it into smaller containers for better freezing and easier access!)
- Freeze your slush! It will probably take about 6-24 hours to freeze, depending on your freezer and containers.
- To serve, use an ice cream scoop to scoop the slush into glasses and serve with a spoon!
Making Saratoga Tea & Honey Co. Lemonade
1 part raw Alfalfa Honey
2 parts fresh squeezed lemon juice
8 parts water
Mix your raw honey with a little hot water to make a simple syrup. Add lemon juice and the remaining water, then stir to mix thoroughly. Refrigerate and enjoy!