Our cinnamon honey is a go-to natural sweetener for chais and black teas, but we get particularly excited over its versatility in the kitchen. Simply adding a drizzle to roasted vegetables or as an accent on a cheese board, there are so many (possibly too many) places that cinnamon honey can become an addiction. Rich in Vitamin C & antioxidants, this spicy ginger soup feels like an indulgence, when it couldn't be healthier or simpler!
Carrot Ginger Soup with Cinnamon Infused Honey ( V & GF )
Time: 1 hr
5 medium carrots
1 large yam peeled and cut into ½ inch medallions
2 T virgin coconut oil
A 2 inch piece of ginger peeled and thinly sliced (medallions are easiest to cut)
1 smashed clove of garlic, peeled
¼ tsp turmeric
Saratoga Tea & Honey Cinnamon Honey
Chives for garnish
optional garnishes: plain Greek yogurt, pan roasted mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Cut the thick end of the carrots in quarters length wise, and if needed the smaller end in half. Try to have all the carrot pieces the same thickness so they can cook evenly.
- On a baking sheet add your carrots and yams, drizzle with coconut oil and sea salt to taste. Roast at 400° until golden and caramelized. About 35-45 minutes
- In a small pan, sautée the garlic and ginger in 1 T coconut oil. Once softened, add in the turmeric and a 1/2 tsp cinnamon honey and cook another minute longer to bring the flavors together.
- When carrots and yams are done roasting, combine them with the garlic and ginger in blender. Blend with 2-3 cups of water until you have your desired thickness.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt (optional), a drizzle of cinnamon honey and a sprinkle of freshly sliced chives. As another earthy addition, add pan roasted mushrooms if you would like to add a heartier component to the soup.