Celebrate the end of summer's harvest with a beautiful homemade pizza, courtesy of our friend, Darien Leigh, of @pantry.hill. She beautifully combines the sweetness of grilled peaches, the savoriness of prosciutto and parmigiano reggiano, and the spiciness of arugula and Ghost Pepper Honey. This summer flatbread is elegant and complex, yet so easy in execution.
20 oz raw pizza dough (We use Portland Pie Co. Shipyard Beer Dough - available at Hannaford)
Olive oil for drizzling
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup shaved parmigiano reggiano
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
2 cups arugula
1/2 fresh lemon
2 peaches grilled* and sliced
1 shallot sliced
3 pieces of prosciutto torn into bite-sized pieces
Saratoga Tea & Honey Co. Ghost Pepper Honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Roll pizza dough to desired thickness and place on a baking stone or baking sheet. Drizzle dough lightly with olive oil and spread oil evenly on the entire surface. 3. Sprinkle mozzarella, 1/4 cup shaved parmesan, blue cheese and half the sliced shallots evenly on the crust. Add salt and pepper.
4. Bake at 400 degrees until crust is crispy and mozzarella begins to brown (approximately 15 minutes).
5. Remove crust from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Top with arugula. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the arugula. Add the sliced grilled peaches*, prosciutto, remaining shallots, and shaved Parmesan. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Drizzle desired amount of Ghost Pepper Honey
over the pizza. Slice and serve immediately.
*To grill peaches: oil grill grates. Heat grill to 500 degrees. Slice whole peaches in 4 large quarters. Place peaches flesh-side down on grill. Grill 5 minutes until peaches are warm and have char marks. Be sure not to over-cook or they’ll become mushy. Remove from grill and slice.